FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton staff with HHonors status compete upgrades with us
Old Aug 24, 19, 7:01 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
Being a Diamond member myself, I just want a nice clean room and bed. What do I need a suite for?

...Maybe I am in the minority with the upgrade suite thing, but if Hilton want to give their employees perks, let me be
By the way, its the same with the airlines, giving their employees travel perks
It's not exactly the same with airline non-revs -- at least it's not meant to be. Nonrevs always travel space-available / standby, and they only get access to premium seats after all revenue customers are satisfied, and all those with desire and means to upgrade are accommodated. When airline employees or their friends are taken care of at the apparent expense of regular paying passengers (see "ShenAAnigans" or "UA Employee Class") there is ultimately hell to pay.

That's not exactly what's being discussed here. I don't care much about suite upgrades either, unless I am on the road with my wife and we are trying to have a nice holiday. But where such exists, they should not be consumed by Hilton's own employees while paying guests subsist on what's left.