FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton staff with HHonors status compete upgrades with us
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:07 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
So I found out that Hilton staff have their own Hilton Honours program. They get stay credits even on staff rates and get recognised as Gold or Diamond members too. I don’t mind or care if they have this privilege. But I do mind when they can compete with full fare paying guests when getting upgrades.

i was a little peeved when I was staying at a property recently and when I checked in was told that no more suites are available. But a friend I know who’s a Hilton employee had a suite reserved for him tell me that it’s also because hotels can not differentiate between members and employees until check in, after the room is assigned.

Don’t think Hilton employees should get privileges over guests. What do you think?
All the staff I know work pretty hard, and I wouldn't begrudge them an upgrade. If they have the same night thresholds, then it seems they earned it. I often use points or corp rates that may lower than average, and regularly get upgrades.