FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP bonus miles on AA flights?
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:56 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Are you trying to get AA benefits with an AA FF# & then credit to AS after the flight? I have had no issuee calling AA and asking them to cancel credit on segments that can be credited to AS. If you add your AS FF# to an itinerary the AA FF# will still be in the reservation too. A GA, check-in agent, Agengt in the AC can remove the AA number. I have flown a lot of AA international this year and haven't had issues. One was international to international with a domestic hop. It took one call to AA to cancel a credit that should have gone to AS. Took a few days to sort it out; certainly not six weeks. Domestic credited to AA, international to AS.

The AA agent of 32 years had no idea that international flights still credit to AS. She called me back to thank me for the lesson.

James
Well, that's not quite similar to my situation where I asked AA to enter my AS number on only the international segments. I called AA CS and they deleted the segments from my AA acct, and then AA reported to AS that I couldn't be found on the flight, even though I sent in my BP's and eticket 6 weeks ago. Technically, AA's T&C's are onerous and seems that if you get some benefits from the AA FFP, you're not allowed to change FFP's. I've had an EXP agent tell me she's going to put me back in coach and return my SWU if I change my number to AS. Passed as the AS miles are not worth flying in coach, especially on AA.