FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Aa/as/cx/jl - sea-sin pe - $695
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:30 am
nocigar

Programs: Delta Sky Miles | Marriott Bonvoy | Radisson Int'l Rewards
Originally Posted by nickohrn
I posted this fare, so I'll tell you how I found it.

I have been specifically looking for ways to top off my EQM for Alaska to get to MVP Gold 75k because I'm pretty close as a result of other paid travel this year and would love to get the bonus 50,000 RDM when I hit that milestone. If I can earn a pile of miles on the way, that'd be great, too. I generally look at PE or J fares because I'm not interested in much else.

I'm in Las Vegas so I generally enter LAS, LAX, SFO, SEA, SJC as my origin into Google Flights and a variety of Asian destinations in the destination field. I think for this one I was looking at TYO, HKG, SIN, PEK, and PVG. I then changed the airlines dropdown to filter flights to Alaska partners only. After that, I just played around with dates in the next few months and looked at the Google Flights price chart. I saw this interesting price and then checked it out on ITA Matrix and saw what I could build based on my knowledge of where AS and AA fly, where JL flies, and what dates would be best for me.

I took screenshots and posted then booked (although I probably should have reversed that order).
Thank you for the information!