FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:55 am
gottigotti

Stayed here for 6 nights in the last 2 weeks. The facilities of the hotel are nice, but the service is just not up to par for comparably priced properties in the Galleria area. Check in for my two stays was delayed as they processed a van of flight attendants, I had a room not serviced one day (first time I think this has ever happened), valet parking is unnecessary and expensive, and the coffee set up in the morning is beyond slow (every morning it is like the staff is just seeing a point of sale machine for the first time ever). The front desk staff is very aloof and seem distracted by almost every little thing. The lobby is loud. i think the engineers messed up the accoustics in the space and having a quiet conversation is almost impossible.

That said, the rooms are a nice size (albeit with no desk). The gym is one of the better hotel gyms I've seen in a while. They just added a Peloton bike which is a nice addition. The bar was nice with great service. I did not eat at the property.

I typically stay at JW or St Regis but gave the Hyatt a try as I'm tired of the Marriott program. This property didn't do much to inspire me on coming back to it.