FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Abusing Lounge
Thread: Abusing Lounge
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:54 am
Ehrmantraut

Programs: FB Platinum / Privium+ / Hilton Gold
I was traveling back sunday morning BHX-AMS last may, since my hotel was accross the terminal I was pretty early in the contract lounge which accomodates Skyteam as well.
so entering around boarding T-120, very nice lounge, not so big but the food is okay and nice tarmac view on some flybe turboprops. Anyways... lounge start getting busy with (I assume) PP members, making a lot of noise then the couple across me in the couch start filling 1.5L empty coke bottles with postmix coke they were gathering from normal 0.25L glasses. this women literaly walks to the postmix tap and fills like 5 glasses and carries them in her arms like a pocket to put all the coke in those 1.5L bottles. They filled up like 5-6 bottles.

So I couldn't resists to make a comment and let them know it's pretty sad to do something like this.
they replied in with an American accent that I should: STFU and it was their RIGHT to get complementary drinks in the lounge entering on PP.

However I will admit that I'm sometimes guilty having layovers in CDG 2F-2G when I fly in Y+ to take a small 0.15L apple juice/orange juice bottle into the plane as not having the patience for drink service on my short flight to Amsterdam...