FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Guest List beginner's guide
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:01 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by gcuk
Something's not right. I don't think it's possible to nominate someone for the same status until their card expires (NB not their membership year, which is a sore point). I had a silver partner card left to allocate and although my daughter's membership year was up, because her silver card was still valid until the end of the next month, I couldn't allocate the silver card to her.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
exactly. Golfmad, you shouldn’t have been able to re-nominate your existing cardholders until 2-3 days after hit expiry of their partner card. It’s strange in that you really should have all 3 nominations still available to you.
Ok thank you both of you. That makes sense and ties in with what BA said too but I don't see how it's right in this case. They have all had their partner cards and status year after year which means they cannot have expired by June 2019 which means I should not have been able to renominate them in June 2019; but I did.

The only explanation would be if they were not upgraded prior to June 2019 but that is simply not the case for any of the three of them. Two of them actively used their status during the first part of 2019 and certainly prior to June.