FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:29 am
NightFury1

I had originally confirmed an upgrade for $400++ per night into an OWV. I emailed them again to see if I could be put into the OWV for no charge and it was a success!

Also note, according to my email below, it seems indeed that they have changed the transfer cost from $370++ pp per way to $350++ pp per way and now to $300++ pp per way. So it doesn't look like they gave anyone an offer, just that they've revisited the transfer costs and adjusted accordingly to anyone who brought it up?

"We thank you for your loyalty towards Hilton and for choosing to stay with us for your Maldivian getaway. It will indeed be a pleasure to have you with us.

We have of course revised our entry villa category for next year based on a thorough analysis of the demand for different villa types during this this year.

Delighted to let you know that we do have King Overwater Villa with Pool available during your stay period and since your reservation is confirmed for 2020, happy to change your villa type as per your preference without any charge. Kindly advise how you would like to proceed.

Pertaining to your email subject line regarding the transfers, a shared transfer on the resort's yacht is US $300 + taxes and service per person per way. This charge will be added to your total bill. Waiting time prior to the transfer may vary from 30-90 minutes, we appreciate your understanding. With respect for our guests’ privacy and security, third party transfer is not permitted."
I also asked again if they are going to honor my rate of $370++ RT. If they do, I'll be one happy customer.