FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best strategy for using benefits with 9 person trip to Europe
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:07 am
JTE458

Originally Posted by remyontheroad
This is good advice, but I frequently book 9+ pax and I'll add a couple of side thoughts....

1) If you're trying to book 9 tix and there are not 9 available in a certain fare bucket, it will price the whole group up to the next fare up that has 9 available. This may not be an issue this far out, but (to simplify - and maybe closer to flight date) you'll often find 3 tickets left at one price, 5 at the next price and 9 at the next. Not sure what you can see on an Expertflyer free account vs paid, but it's worth looking into. Savings could be more than the cost of seat assignments.

2)Once bought, I'd wait until closer in to separate out your rez, as equipment or schedule changes, or other things could cause people to lose seat assignments and once split you may have trouble getting them back.
This far out nearly every seat on the flight was available. I tried the trip with 1 ticket vs 9 and it was the same price but this could def be an issue if I wait to book.

Yeah that's a good point, maybe I'll monitor the C+ bookings until they get tighter and risk losing options for me +1 before splitting.