FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Potential Ticketing Issue?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:13 pm
belky15

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Potential Ticketing Issue?

I booked a Mini-RTW this morning and I thought that all was done correctly. I never got the confirmation email so tonight I checked AC with the booking reference provided by Aeroplan. I saw that the ticket information only displays my first and last name but my passport shows all three names (so the middle name is missing from the ticket info). I have called Aeroplan several times and I have been provided with the same answer - This is not a problem as the passenger security information reflects the full passport name. So essentially I have been told to not worry. But if I wanted Aeroplan would cancel my tickets (my wife's and mine) and not charge me any fees other than the $30 service charge (although they might waive that). However, there is no assurance that I would be able to get this exact itinerary when they rebooked it.

I have put a lot of work into this itinerary to have it all disappear because Aeroplan didn't enter the full name properly. It has been drummed into my head that the ticket must match the passport 100%. I don't want to end up in Taipei or Singapore and be denied boarding. So is Aeroplan right to not worry about this or should I start over?

Thx