FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best strategy for using benefits with 9 person trip to Europe
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:14 pm
JTE458

Best strategy for using benefits with 9 person trip to Europe

I have been doing some research on my options for a big family trip and just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. FLL-DUB, EDI-FLL is the route next Spring trying to book on Delta for benefits. I am and PM with DL Reserve AMEX, no one else has status. There would be 9 of us in total including a 5 year old and an 11 year old.

From what I can figure out, my best strategy would be to book myself and wife on one reservation, the other 7 on a second. This allows us to get C+ upgrades immediately and possible FC to/from JFK. Are there downfalls to this? Would booking all 9 have any benefits as far as seat selection otherwise?

I've been told if we say have 8 bags to check, all would be free if we check in at desk together using my status, regardless if same reservation. (This may be a Reserve card benefit?)

Club Access: Wife also has Priority pass access. We would have a 5 hour layover at JFK so trying to maximize how many of us can get into a club. The best I can figure is 6 (me +2 in Skyclub, her +2 in PP Lounge) of the 9 (but kids may get in as extras?). I'm willing to pay $29 each for all. Also, if I get my wife an additional Reserve card for $175, does that change our max totals? Basically is there any way for all of us to get into a club? Would booking someone besides my wife (and her Reserve card priveledges) as my #2 in the reservation help?

Thanks in advance for the help, hopefully you enjoy the mental gymnastics to "solve" this one!