FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:01 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Zorak
can't answer this, but...

Didn't we already discuss this upthread in posts 2508-2510? The DL site is pretty clear. The email you receive upon successfully being registered should be pretty clear too.

Completing a challenge is a fast track to the level you were challenging for; it does NOT grant you a head start on the next level. If you fly 12,500 MQMs to complete a Gold challenge you will still need to earn 62,500 more MQMs in the same year for a total of 75k+ to earn Platinum. (and satisfy the MQD requirement but if you have the foreign waiver that won't apply to you)
Aw man, I don't know what I was on. I thought my questions weren't addressed before. Thanks for answering them again. I feel relived knowing that my fall flight with MU should count. I have roughly two months to get DL to offer me a status challenge. If I qualify by then, just that t-pac flight will satisfy DL's requirement for Gold.

Given how little time we have until the end of the year and since DL offers MQM rollover, let's say I fly exactly 12,500 miles to qualify for DL Gold until January 2021. Then I fly another 25,000 miles before the end of the calendar year for a grand total of 37,500 MQM, how much MQM will rollover into next year for status qualifications? Obviously 37,500 MQMs won't qualify me for DL Platinum so I'll end the year as DL Gold.

Yes, I'm very fortunate to have a MQD waiver. Let's hope DL allows me to keep that for life!