FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Miami and South Beaches area
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:47 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by ksu
We're considering to go to either of the cheaper Autograph Collection properties in South Beach, either the Blue Moon or the Winter Haven. Both hava a resort fee of USD 20 per night. Unlike some other properties, it is not disclosed what this resort fee includes. Does anyone know? We are especially interested to know whether bike rental is included.
Have stayed at Blue Moon and as I recall their fleet of four of five bicycles represents your entire resort fee investment. Was there on business and not on property during the day, so can't really comment as to how quickly those are snatched up (or what the time limitations might be). Recommend you call, as these things are subject to change over time. Bear in mind, of course, they aren't likely to be exceptionally forthcoming as to your risk of failure to snag one (or more) since their entire resort fee house of cards rests primarily, if not entirely, on this "fleet" (as of approx two years ago).

Also, just as an aside, this is a historic property with a single very historic elevator and rooms tend towards the cramped (typical of the period - which I don't recall exactly, but clearly it had already seen its share of blue moons long before I was born many decades past). I'm not saying it isn't a nice property - it has its charms and location was to my liking (stuff around, but not right in the thick of the all-night nightlife). Just be aware of what some may consider to be its limitations relative to a more modern property.