FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Share trading halted [Asiana financial troubles]
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:00 pm
downinit

I just hit 40k/Diamond for the first time, so I fully expect them to either fold or at the very least withdraw from *A sometime between now and the end of November, when my next flight is scheduled. This is just how my life usually works out.

With all of the drama between ROK and JP, along with the continually worsening economic outlook throughout Asia and the world right now, I just do not have a lot of confidence for the long term health of OZ. Samsung seems to be hurting quite a bit lately, and KE just announced several flight cuts to JP in the midst of the current diplomatic/PR spat between the neighbors. It does not seem like any company in ROK is even financially well enough right now to want to take a gamble in the ever-unreliable airline industry, especially with a worldwide recession looming. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I am not claiming to be an expert on the current state of things in Seoul; I am only looking at the bigger picture from abroad.

I wonder if there is any chance of another *A airline offering status matches if OZ does indeed get swallowed up by KE or die by any other means? I already used my DL status match, and I really have no desire to stick with ST over *A.