FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA thinks I haven't paid for a bag on return leg of HBO
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:27 pm
ratechaser

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Thdw
I think this is an IT glitch. It happened to me last week; our travel agent erroneously booked us two HBO fares for a two week cruise which I only discovered when checking in for the outbound. We paid for luggage for the round trip during online check in for the outbound but for the I couldn’t get past the relevant page when trying to check in online for the return via the app. It kept insisting I pay again for the bags (?£84). I recall it was as much again as we had paid for the luggage for the round trip.

BA Twitter team didn’t seem to understand the issue but advised me just to go to the airport. I checked in there and like you expected a fight, but the baggage (x2) wasn’t even mentioned.
And this is my thinking, at an outstation either they couldn't care less or they dig their heels in, there may be little middle ground.

By the way, thanks to all that know the island (and specifically its printing facilities) better than I do!

I'm sure it will be fine, this is BA after all...