FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Medical/Travel Insurance Advice Needed
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:59 am
FriscoHeavy
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
High quality medical, including medevac, coverage is quite cheap, particularly if one considers that Medevac from JNB to DFW will run in the $200K range. Other expenses might be spending 30 days in a hotel because one is out of the hospital, but can't fy, having a companion fly over, and the logistics of setting something up which one knows nothing about.Bear i

Bear in mind that flying at high altitude with a recent fracture (in a cast) may not be in the cards so even a relatively simple broken ankle may mean spending some number of days with little to do other than pay for room service.
I'm searching 'insuremytrip.com', but do you have any other websites/insurers that you would recommend? As you mentioned, it's the Medevac, Hospital stay/surgery that have me the most concerned and wanting to cover our tail. Again, likely nothing going to happen, but if one of us came down with something and had to be in the Cape Town hospital for a week, I'd like to have that covered.

Thanks!