FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latvia to Canada - LH and AC in Y and J
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:53 am
canforce

Programs: AC
My company only pays for economy but having been away for a while and saving tonnes of money while away I decided to use Air Canadas bid upgrade feature. I bid the minimum on this flight and for $620 Canadian dollars I was able to upgrade to Air Canadas signature suite. Total flight time was 7.5 hours and when you factor in lounge access its a steal.

AC 875
FRA - YUL
787-9
Sched Dep: 0955 Actual: 1007
Sched Arr: 1155 Actual: 1220

The flight itself was great. A very attentive crew and an absolutely great seat to sit in for almost 8 hours. Here are a few pics I took from the flight.

Champagne and some Blazing Saddles to start the flight

Some more up close shots of the first part of the meal:

The Fish was a little too fishy for my liking.

The garlic bread however was perfect. Still crispy on the outside and soaked in butter.

Despite not looking the best you can see an attempt at plating was made. The food however tasted great. Cooked to a medium, thick gravy. What wasnt to like?

The ice cream was amazing. Sometimes its ruined on planes but these were soft yet still frozen. A pleasure to eat.

All in all I was very happy to have paid my money to sit in this seat. The great service, lounge access and space made it worth every single penny. I would not hesitate to pay that amount again.