FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Nightmare (missed ORD flight connection & staff issue)
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:23 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by RossClanMan
After walking about half a mile inside the maze of O'Hare I find a customer service kiosk. Boy, those folks could not have cared less what was going on. Finally the only information I received was that the flight was with American Eagle, so it wasn't their problem.
This statement makes no sense because customer service for AA mainline and Eagle are provided both by AA at ORD. What you encountered was a careless, lazy agent. Plenty of those at ORD too unfortunately.

Your best course of action at this point is to write a short, concise message to AA outlining your experience and why you felt it was subpar. It should be at most 1/4 the length of your post with factual bullet points. Make a special point to call out Jaime and his actions, especially if you can provide a physical description of him and/or the number of the gate he was working at and the time of the interaction. I would ask specifically that he is addressed by a supervisor about the interaction you experienced and retrained.

You will probably receive a relative pittance of AA miles for your trouble. Fortunately you reached home safely on the same day.