FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage for City of New Orleans at Chicago
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:24 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Baggage for City of New Orleans at Chicago

In the nineties I made several long-distance trips on Amtrak
(NYP-Montreal-WAS (on the night train) - Crescent to Atlanta, and then on to NOLA, City of New Orleans to Chicago, Lake Shore Ltd (?) to Boston, and then to NYC, A couple of years later CHI-Denver-Salt Lake City.Los Angeles (on a very late-running Desert Wind via Las Vegas) -Lamy/Santa Fe - Chicago, going to summer opera festivals in Central City (Denver) and Santa Fe). I used a pass and all travel was in coach.

Later, I have travelled in the NEC and NYP-Pittsburgh, but I have never travelled in a sleeping car in the US. I'm doing some planning now for our vacation next summer, and we might want to travel Chicago-New Orleans on the City of New Orleans. Departure time seems to be 20.05, arriving New Orleans around 16.00 the next day). We will be arriving O'Hare from abroad around 13.00 on the same day as ou train leaves. We will take the Blue Line to Clinton. We will presumably be at Union Station sometime between 14.00 and 15.00, depending on immigration/customs.

1. Can we check-in our baggage for New Orleans at any time during that day, or do we have to check it in closer to departure?
2. We will do a couple of hours sightseeing and probably get some lunch during the wait. Can we store our carry-on luggage at Union Station?