FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I DYKWIA?
Thread: Am I DYKWIA?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:03 am
Vasco Pridat

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A hefty minority of LGW aircraft don't have curtain dividers between CE and ET, some aircraft don't have all 3 curtain components. This is to do with the ceiling layout - and sometimes the row positioning of CE - on the older LGW aircraft. Unless there is a full set of curtains then it's very difficult to prevent people using the forward WC, particularly on 3 crew A319 aircraft when the BoB trolley is in service. The irony is that there are generally more WCs per 100 passengers on the LGW aircraft than on LHR, so in theory less need to use the forward WCs.
That was kinda my feeling.. I guess I know quite a heap of long haul equipment but had never been on this kind of aircraft. I used to never pay attention what it was and still don't really care.. So at least this kind of a319 config I had never been on. It appeared to be old. Not as worn. But the seats weren't the usual modern thin ones but they were bigger, the colors of the material were a bit different and I enjoyed having more leg room in the bulkhead.
So I guess there was no curtains at all to be closed.
And that's why I had never experienced this situation before...
Nevertheless I still have the feeling if people pay for an exclusive ce experience that's what they should get... And myself I remember I would never use the ce toilet but I guess that's how I was brought up.
I remember a nice story from a fellow who was on the old Lh first.. When he got up to use the toilet the fa jumped in front of him and said in a stiff German unlocking the door.. Sorry sir I haaaave to lock it.. The business class tends to come up otherwise. 🔒😂