FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Half a Million Marriott Points, Where to Go?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:15 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by doggiefizzle
The Marriott on Coronado Island is pretty nice (and super family friendly), and IMO is the best Marriott property in San Diego. If I wanted to burn 500k Marriott points in the US, I’d head to the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay for an extended stay, and do the points upgrade to club level. I think it’s the best Ritz in the US, and in an absolutely incredible location easily accessible from SFO but without the crowds of Southern California. Plenty of stuff for kids to do there as well. I’d also consider the Ritz in Lake Tahoe (that now has its own beach club near Kings Beach), or one of the Marriott Vacation Club properties at South Lake.
I grew up near HMB and there is no way I would recommend somebody blow 500k points here (nice as the hotel is). It is not close to SF - stay in the RC in SF if you want to tour it instead of blowing hours every day commuting. There are so many more exotic locations that have a ton of fun things for kids to do. Like RC Tahoe - if you are an outdoors person this is fun in summer and winter. SLT is a pit - would never tell anyone to visit unless they wanted a deal for ski season.