FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding over pregnancy fit to fly letter - who is right?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:25 pm
Bullswood

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We're assuming that the airport contract agents handling BA at DEN were willing and able to read the BA policy, comprehend it, and correctly apply the BA rules to BA passengers. This might be rocket science for some.....
Sure, but BA should recognise that in outsourcing any service, they need to make their procedures crystal clear and readily accessible to staff who might be dealing with numerous carriers, each with its own policy.
I'm not suggesting this was necessarily relevant here, but in a contractor's shoes (or even those of BA's own staff), I would want rules not recommendations. For example, BA has rules on the stage of pregnancy at which one may fly, but it isn't clear how the agent will check compliance - is it through a doctor's letter (in which case that becomes compulsory) or is it through passenger self-certification (as with the check-in questioning about hazardous goods etc)? I'd suggest the latter questioning might be regarded as intrusive, so why not just make the letter a requirement?

As previously noted, this doesn't detract from OP's claim, which I hope will be quickly settled with a suitable apology.

Great to hear that the OP and family are en route home - safe travels and hope the more important "arrival" in a few weeks is smooth & on-time!

Last edited by Bullswood; Aug 19, 2019 at 8:57 pm