FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tight CDG Connection
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:49 pm
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enoscabell
From my experience, you're definitely taking a risk. I tried a similar connection once at GDG and there was a backup at immigration. I was in the Sky Priority line, and even it was backed up. I showed the attendant manning the line my boarding pass with my boarding time, and she simply shrugged her shoulders and told me th
at nothing could be done. I had to be that guy and ask about 15-20 people to let them cut me in line. All were quite gracious and allowed me to do so, and I was the last one to board.
I did it in 2017 and it was absolutely godawful. I think the connection time was 1:40 and we landed a bit early. I was on Delta One. We were bused to the terminal if I remember. I took the signs to the bus to 2M and was going OK until i got to a massive queue at immigration; at first I couldn't find Sky Priority but then I think some staff member pointed it out. It took forever. And then I went over to the bus and that took forever - took forever to get on and took forever to get off.

When I got through the entrance to the terminal there was a Delta lady there to meet me (because I was Delta One I suppose), and she said come on! come on! She took one of my carryons and she was making the best time she could but I had been walking a lot for 2 weeks and was in better shape than I had been before arriving in Portugal, and I was outpacing her. I started running with her gamely bringing up the rear, and as I was running I yelled Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hold the door! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor!

Somebody say if the train or the bus is better. I think the train HAS to be better. The bus gets you there "directly" while the train requires some walking, but the bus just takes absolutely forever with loading and unloading and traveling along a less direct path. Somebody say if you have to clear security on this connection; I am pretty sure I did.

If taking the train gets you to an easier passport control as was said above, take the train because the passport control I went through to get to the bus was just an absolute disaster.

I personally suggest that the OP schedule the afternoon flight to Boston, allowing for a leisurely transit to the departure terminal, and then relax in the lounge.