FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Equipment change / downgauge = no seat / downgrade. What now?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:18 pm
tylerdurden4543

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Reasonable question. Call it a mileage run of sorts I guess. I didn't really have any specific reason to be in ORD, but the prices were good for the intl configured aircraft involved routing through DFW (plus good EQM earning in paid F), I have never flown in a 787, had the weekend free to fly somewhere. When it turned from what was supposed to be a fun day in the air to waking up early with stressing news, no seat and spending all morning figuring out my situation (instead of sitting in the Centurion Lounge watching planes come in!) I just decided to take a walk from it. Of course I was prepared for things to go wrong once underway (we are talking about commercial flights here!), I was at least hoping to make it up in the air before any bumps in the road and then roll with it. I will likely reschedule the trip for another weekend.

Certainly if I needed to take the trip I do plenty (most) of my flying in coach and it wouldn't have been the end of the world to get bumped and some compensation and/or I would have just taken a direct flight.
Thanks for adding some color - sounds perfectly reasonable to me (though perhaps we on FlyerTalk have a warped sense of what is reasonable)