FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baltimore Delta North [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 19, 12:56 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Delta Hotels Baltimore North — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ltimore-north/

Almost all Delta Hotels since the opening of the Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista in 2016 have been conversions. Marriott needed a conversion brand to compete with Hilton's DoubleTree and used its Delta Hotels brand for this purpose. Yes, Marriott.com labels these converted hotels as "New," even though almost none of them are.

A hotel should be brought up to Delta Hotels standards before switching to the Delta Hotels brand. It should have modern, functional furniture, in good shape. The hotel should certainly not be old and run-down (even if the building is several decades old).

The Elite Pantry is an approved alternative to a Delta Hotels Signature Lounge. There should be complimentary grab-and-go breakfast, with brewed coffee, for Platinum Elite and higher. If you're Platinum Elite or higher and the Elite Pantry is depleted, it seems reasonable to request complimentary breakfast in the restaurant.

I've assumed that Delta Hotels properties would all be in pretty good shape immediately after conversion and would be acceptable lower-end full-service hotels. I've wondered what will happen to them over time. Most have a history of having been neglected by their owners at some point before conversion. My hope is that Marriott will watch these properties carefully and de-flag the bad ones.

Based on the review of the Delta Hotels Baltimore North in this thread, it seems the property should not yet be branded as Delta Hotels.