FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair attendant? Other help for elderly passenger?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:44 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montrealer
Twice a year I bring my father over for a visit, alone, on AC J on points, from Europe. He's now 90, and has up until now been in great physical and mental shape. But last couple of times, he's been forgetting various items along the way (coat, computer, etc.), nearly missing a connecting flight by reading the gate # on the wrong boarding pass, etc. He doesn't have dementia per se, but increasingly finds the travel experience disorienting and tiring. It's 1 or 2 connections each way so plenty of opportunities to miss something.

My naive solution is to request for him a wheelchair and attendant the next trip. In a way it's overkill, since he doesn't actually need to be wheeled around, but it's the only way I can think of where someone will reliably(?) make sure he gets from A to B when connecting, and will presumably notice if he's leaving something on his seat while leaving the lounge.
Since you have concierge access you can ask for help from the concierge. I did this once for my mother although it was 12 years ago and one still had direct access to concierges. In my case, at FRA.