FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latvia to Canada - LH and AC in Y and J
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:44 am
canforce

Programs: AC
First of all, I apologize for the picture quality. I took them all with my cell phone and well, you get what you get.

LH 893
RIX - FRA
A320 NEO
Sched Dep: 0610 Actual: 0608
Sched Arr: 0730 Actual: 0742

This was my first time on a NEO.

Gotta love that new plane smell. Boarding was completed with the usual Germany efficiency and the door was closed well ahead of schedule. We pushed back early from the gate and were soon on our short taxi to the Runway. I snapped a few more pictures from my window seat on the way out.

Always nice to see some C Series (A220). I flew on one with Air Baltic earlier this year. A truly impressive aircraft.

I found the space I had at my seat to be more than adequate on this flight. I sat beside two lovely Latvian ladies who slept the entire flight.

Some old Russian planes on the side of the Runway. There is also a fairly impressive aircraft museum just beside the airport. I hope to go and visit it before I leave.

An old Russian Bomber I believe.

Then came the amazing Lufthansa catering. Now I have to say it isnt that bad. I flew Air Baltic on last time into Riga and you dont get anything with them, so at least a glass of Orange juice and this filled the void on this two hour and twenty minute flight.

When we landed Frankfurt was a zoo and we ended up sitting on the taxiway for 20 minutes until our gate became free.

All in all a nice short flight on Lufthansa. It has been several years since I flew with them and other than the catering, they are still a great airline.