FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:37 am
justned

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Concierge got back to me and informed me that the agents don't have the ability to apply Suite Upgrades to this property yet. I saw the Park Suite a few weeks back was listed as a Standard Suite, I can't seem to find it now. I'm curious to see if this gets added to the TSU exclusion list... Will update once the concierge discusses with he hope.
the suite is 65sqm vs 48sqm, 700sqft vs 520sqft, I don't think it would be worth it, but I guess if you have too many upgrades to use. I mainly there just for the hotel experience and 30k pts vs $1500 redemption.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I always stay at Suiran or the RC Kyoto but I have 48K points orphaned in WoH so I'll probably top it up to 60K and book a couple nights here for Nov 2020 when the booking window opens as this is probably the most interesting Hyatt property for me and if I were to predict any property to go above 30K points in the future it'd be this one. Excited to hear people's experiences in the coming months once it opens. It'd be nice if Hyatt had some actual images of the place on their website.

Not to go too off topic but Suiran is a resort (no guaranteed late check-out) and has very few rooms. Based on my experience having stayed there several times you probably won't be able to get a late check-out, and I personally don't think it's worth staying there for a single night because you end up doing 3 or 4PM to 12PM the next day, not even 24hrs. Go 2 nights at Suiran or 2 nights here.
I will spend 1 day at the Arashiyama and just 1 night there for the experience. I used a Ritz certificate way back and cash rate is $1400 + tax, don't think I'd spend that amount at any hotel, but that's me.
I don't expect late checkout even for a Titanium member, the whole hotel could be people with Plats, Titanium and Ambassadors, I know this because I was at Barcelona Cotton House and half of the guests were elites plat and above(FD showed me the list). Fortunately, They did promise me upgrade and late checkout. Titanium does get priority over regular plats but also depend on check in time. And to be honest, the standard suites in boutique hotels are not that different than regular rooms, maybe a little bigger with a better view, the cost is 1.5x or 2 times but you spend most of your day outside. I would only need a suite if I need to get that 5th person in or a 10th year anniversary or some special occasion. To back to topic, I do want to stay at Park Hyatt Kyoto even if it means I need to hotel hop 2 times, I want that new hotel experience.