FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:38 am
flyerchatter

Originally Posted by wekxbrainx
I was emailing them back and forth just weeks before arrival. The communication was so slow(one email response per day with 1 line answer). I got frustrated and complained. So they offer the discount over email about 4 days before arrival.
I suspect that the transfer cost was recently revised to $300++, rather than this being a discount specifically offered to you due to your complaint. Here is an excerpt from an email in late July (copied from another FT thread) which also lists a transfer fee of $300++. Interestingly, they have also provided a new fee for children.

Our shared luxury yacht transfer fee is fee is at US$300+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way. For children below 5 years, the transfer is complimentary and US$150+23.2% Tax and service charge per child per way for children between 6 to 11 years.

Mary Ann Bascon
Reservations Sales Agent
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi

Originally Posted by wekxbrainx
They also had a mini concert the next day. Was told that they are trying to schedule more events each week.

It's not a set weekly event yet. But they will try to schedule more events and see what people like.
I really hope that the dinner buffet on the beach becomes a regular event. It would provide the resort with a Maldivian dining experience that the other venues currently lack. It would also be nice if the resort could offer more activities, eg cooking classes, cinema on the beach. By the way, what was the charge for the buffet that night?

Originally Posted by BLTraveler
I added the distances below and sorted by distance. Amazing one of the closest resorts has the most expensive transfer.

Waldorf Maldives
Speedboat
$862
23km
Speedboat would be an upgrade. More like "boat with dated furnishings".