FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Cutting Corners - On Toilet Paper and ..
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:50 pm
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by melissaru
Just stayed at the JW Parq Vancouver - a lovely hotel by any standards - and used upgrade certs for a suite. Bathroom contained full-size bottles of Molton Brown products. Nice touch, except that the shower products - shampoo/conditioner/bath gel - were bolted to the wall as if at a RI (which, granted, would NOT be Molton Brown). There was a full-size lotion next to the sink with a note stating, essentially, you take it, you buy it.
Now, I'm not going to complain about a high-end bath product in a hotel, but I've gotta say, seeing everything attached to the wall really cheapened an otherwise great room. I know this is a long-term Marriott plan - the elimination of individual bottles - and can deal with it in a Residence Inn or TP Suites, as I have. But at a JW? And also, what does housekeeping do every day, fill the bottles so that the top is consistently new, but the older product lingers in the bottle? Ick.
Other than preconceived notions of cheapness, why exactly did this change your stay? Do you throw out your shampoo bottle at home every couple of days?

Were used to the conditioning of it being cheap as it has been used by lower end establishments in the past- doesnt make it a bad idea.