FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Resort Near Singapore?
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:25 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by MattHall

We stayed in the FS last year in Langkawi. Very impressed but not sure I am ready to go again yet.

Currently looking at Khao Lak - the Sarojin or possibly the new Devasom there. That one is not necessarily relevant to here, but it does look nice and great value for money.

Please keep any more suggestions coming.
Ah okay - I was just at Four Seasons Langkawi. Where The Datai (and therefore The Andaman) is absolutely blows it away in terms of destination/as a location. Bear in mind I didn't get to actually visit The Andaman resort, though - The Datai is a somewhat different beast because of its location just behind the beach (whereas Andaman is right on it) which is a totally different experience. Having done Langkawi, I think what The Datai has done is actually perfect - it's not specifically a beach destination, it's a jungle destination with the added bonus of having a beach.

Sarojin would be a nice fit, great value. There's a few resorts in that area that are good value for money especially in the right season.