FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:49 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by absdotan99
I have an upcoming flight BOS-EWR-MUC booked on Z class. The layover in EWR is 8 hours, I was wondering if I can do SDC to a later BOS-EWR flight with no fee. I am 1K. IF yes, should I call at T-24 before my BOS flight or T-24 before the one I would like to SDC? Also, if no fare class is available in the later BOS-EWR flight, can I ask to downgrade to Y to avoid paying the change fee?
To SDC BOS-EWR, you will have SDC BOS-EWR-MUC -- so you will need Z open for both. Want to stay on the present EWR-MUC, you will need to call. You will not be able to do until you are within 24 hours of both the old and new flight. The problem with the downgrade is if your fare is for BOS-MUC (likely), you will have to break the fare and reprice the entire trip (could get ugly) You will need to call and ask -- explain your desire and see what happens -- and hope the Z is available.