FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed flight compensation with Singapore Airlines
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:54 pm
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jbfield
Does anyone know what one's rights are in the case of SQ25 (New York - Frankfurt - Singapore) where the Frankfurt to Singapore leg is delayed significantly?

I am encountering such a delay at the moment and am surprised alternative flight re-routings have not been offered...just a case of "wait until this evening and we will see". In fact I am surprised by the lack of communication generally and no EU rights leaflets distributed or even mentioned - ground staff just say "SQ have not told us anything".

I would like to push for a re-route but I am I not clear if they will claim I am ineligible due to the first departure being from New York?
Your case is different. You are flying US to SIN on a non-EU carrier and hence no EU 261/04 applies to this case. The fact that it routes via FRA has no impact.

If you were booked JFK-FRA, stopover, FRA-SIN then it is a different story. In such a case your FRA-SIN would fall under EU261. Of course if you were on LH or another EU carrier any flight into, from or within EU would be covered. Not all are created equal here.