FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:18 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Seems to me this thread is taking on a very legal approach. I’ve always done well with an honest and direct approach by finding a resolution that way. Do you think the fellow Flyertalkers whom suffered a delay can weed through all this technical jargon. I think the thread is steering in a way away from helping others by scaring them away. I know the intention is well but from looking from the outside I’m not really seeing it that way.

To keep to the threads topic. My experience with United and EC 261 was dealt with swiftly and professionally. I decided to take a $900 USDECERT Instead of the $600€
I too have been successful with my claims and taken both checks and ETCs.

I think the thread is showing that United is attempting to not pay some claims.

I was astounded for the pax in July (2019) on the CDG-IAD flight who was denied as I was checked in on the same flight and saw the arriving flight was delayed so proactively did a SDC by calling the 1K desk. That was an example where that pax should have received the compensation and when denied by United for "legal" reasons needed to know options.

Yes, this thread should be assisting folks looking to understand when and how to make a claim, but just as importantly understand what to do when United denied a valid claim including the information/name of the relevant court case. FT is very much about sharing our knowledge, experience and expertise.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Aug 17, 2019 at 2:33 pm