FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shortcut to UA Gold, Plat, 1K (Targeted?) by flying EWR-LHR Polaris segments
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:05 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by ani90
I think more likely they are struggling to fill those high J 763s on the ewr-lhr route. They probably targeting people who have been known to fly similar route.
I fly TATL a few times each year, enough to make 1K on PQMs, and use my GPUs but even if there is PZ availability I avoid EWR at all costs. I will fly from any other hub but EWR is the worst for delays.

Very much to my regret in July I chose to route through EWR to PUC rather than IAH due to the schedule from IAH. Delayed so party I was meeting for further travel had to hang around PUC (not a place you want to spend a couple of hours).

Hopefully United decides there are too many EWR-LHR/LHR-EWR flights since they cannot fill Polaris and bring back the LHR-LAX morning departure flight as I now avoid returning from LHR through LAX and will often take the NZ flight since it leaves earlier than the UA flight to LAX. Always near full flights when I have caught those flights. And now that LAX has a Polaris lounge hopefully we can see the return of the morning LHR-LAX flight.

I would fly United LHR-LAX morning flight. I will never fly LHR-EWR ( or EWR-LHR).

Suspect this may be why I did not receive the targeted offer. 😱