FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyingFyre

Originally Posted by carnarvon;31414376.

[....text removed for brevity

Don't you agree?
Hello Carnarvon,

I appreciate your comments, but we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I've got a couple million miles flying under my belt, and of course things go wrong all the time.

The issue here is not that they had to swap a plane, but rather that they did not tell me about the change so I could consider other options. There were eight separate opportunities to do so, including online check-in, the ticket desk, the gate, etc. Worse, after the flight they ignored my emails, phone calls, and my business card that I gave their gate agent in NY. They had my correct contact information from at least four different interactions, and used it correctly to check me in and send the boarding passes. They claimed they sent me an email offering compensation 5 days after the flight, but the address they used was bad and bounced immediately, so they knew that message did not work. Only after I filed a DOT complaint and a journalist contacted them did they finally get back to me.

Bottom line here is that their customer service is really, really bad. And, I am not the only one experiencing that. Another journalist from The Points Guy had equally difficult challenges trying to contact them (https://thepointsguy.co.uk/reviews/l...a321lr-review/). Trip Advisor is also full of similar stories of La Compagnie ignoring customers after changes.

I suspect that when everything works well it is a great experience. But when it doesn't, do you really want to have to file a DOT complaint to get them to return your calls? I don't. If anyone else is willing to take that risk, I genuinely hope that it works out better for you than it did for me.