FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:29 am
Dselvan

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ard9719
Hi,

Looking for some help in decisions regarding using our next 241. We are looking to road trip in Canada between Vancouver and Calgary. LHR - YVR return in First class was our first thought, However you leave LHR from T3 not T5 so no Concorde room benefits so we are thinking maybe LHR - YYC in business October 2020 (Would this be updated to new club suite by then?)

We'd then fly YVR - LHR in First class as this is a night flight return so would be better sleep and also no lounges of interest either way then and it would save on avios...

Would anyone be able to tell me how much it'd be in avios&taxes for such an open jaw redemption

Also welcome any thoughts on this/ideas of better ones as it's only my first redemption in a long time so a bit out the loop
Hi ard9719
We did a similar trip to you but did J to Calgary, did the Rockies, flew Calgary to Vancouver on Air Canada economy and flew back to the UK in J from YVR. The day time flight to YYC is on a 787 with no F. There is no plans currently for YYC to get the A350 yet (Toronto is one of the first few routes).

YVR lounge is extremely poor and doesn't have showers or any proper hot food but is ok for snacks. It was so poor, we used the Plaza premium to have a shower and have some food.
I personally don't think that the YVR route is worth upgrading to F since the ground facilities is not that great with no F lounge / Concorde room access. Also since it is a night flight, I personally did not feel the extra avios was worth to get to F since I slept very soundly in CW and the only thing I missed was the LP GS champers

Cost us around 125000 avios and £1180 in taxes for 2 people ( I think) including the UK domestic connection.
Hope that helps