FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:32 pm
exploreaswego

Originally Posted by RedSun
The above #2198 is not true. Marriott has never given any "extension" to award night or TP. The only thing they do is to cancel the original one and re-issue a new one with 12-month expiration. Also, Marriott has never stated that they can cancel and re-issue for the 2nd 12-month expiration.

I would not take the risk and pray for another 12-month....
Your statement is mostly untrue.

It's true Marriott never extends for those CC FN certs, but legacy TPs always have had dp showing agents giving extensions.
It's a freaking 7 NIGHT cert! Whenever I explain how the hell do you expect your customer to plan a 7 night stay so easily? You have to find all the nights available consecutively in 1 property, and that if the stay fits into your travel itinerary etc. usually leaves the agent baffled and empathize that it is not easy redeeming such certs, and it is a very valid reason to request for an extension.

I reported back in March that my converted NC TP expires Sep 19. I called in to redeem for Jan 2020. The agent also confirmed that my 2 remaining NC TPs have the eligibility to extend another year, so the redemption are all good to go until at least Aug 2020 for me if I call to redeem them.
I tend to call the Titanium/Plat line via the phone and during business hours. The agents tend to be more competent and usually gets things done fairly efficiently.