FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Micronesia Island Hopper - consolidated questions, advice, ....
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:42 pm
physics

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
  • T-Mobile does not work in any of the islands between GUM and HNL, despite their support saying that domestic roaming is available on the "US Marshall Islands".
)
Yeah, we flew west, and had stopped over for a few days in Pohnpei and Palau. No TMobile signal the whole trip. We arrive in Guam and are sitting around the airport, and suddenly our phones start blowing up with messages saying, "Caution! Your TMobile account reflects you have reached $50 of international data roaming", then a few minutes later: "Caution! Your TMobile account reflects you have reached $100 of international data roaming", Then again, "Caution! ..$200 ....", ...
We're saying to ourselves, "What the hell, TMobile?" Our phones haven't worked for the last week at all. So I actually call TMobile from Guam (20c/min) and ask and they say, "no, we don't see any charges accruing to your account. you're good." I never got charged the huge data roaming fees that the text messages suggested, thankfully, and I called TMob again when I got home to get them to take off the charge for the call from Guam (I was on hold for about 30 minutes).

Last edited by physics; Aug 16, 2019 at 8:48 pm