FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 19, 3:48 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by justned View Post
Changing my 7th day Osaka Mikayo Marriott to this. Then I will have 5 night at Ritz Kyoto, 1 night at Suiran, and last night at Park Hyatt Kyoto in Nov.
I highly recommend you consider finding a way to add nights for your stay at Suiran--even though I'm sure the 5th night free (for while it lasts) award at RC Kyoto is sorely tempting. The PH Kyoto isn't very far from RC Kyoto, so I'd reconsider that, too.

Suiran was our favorite, and we loved the RC Kyoto, too--but it's just a completely different experience to the regular Western luxury hotels like RC, FS, and soon PH Kyoto. The Suiran Arashiyama side of town is completely different and much less touristy than the RC/FS/PH side. The Suiran side offers a chance to explore more small and less visited temples in the neighborhood, along the river, and in the mountains on that side of town. That side of town is just more beautiful. And Suiran has a more hybrid ryokan feel, making it feel far more authentic.

Suiran was one of our all time favorites world-wide...followed by the RC Kyoto. There are several Aman resorts on that list, too, for perspective.

I also never recommend a newly opened hotel, especially in the luxury sector where we expect more. They always have teething issues, and often have significant problems.

FWIW...