FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Virgin's Setup at MAN
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:59 am
ND76

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Thanks for the responses.

I'm going on a trip to see how far I can travel on trains for five days on a Eurailpass. I'm starting out in Rome on 3 September; taking high speed trains to Bern, Switzerland, connecting at Milano Centrale; I'll spend the afternoon touring Bern, then taking a train to Zurich to connect to a EuroNight sleeper train for Ljubljana, Slovenia. I have 6 hours in Ljubljana, then taking a train via Maribor to Graz, Austria, overnighting there. The next moring, an OBB Raiiljet train to Vienna, touring and overnighting there. On Friday morning, train from Vienna via Frankfut to Koblenz, Germany, and after photographing the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers heading to Luxembourg City. As the Eurailpass now includes the Eurostar and British trains, on Saturday I'm taking the train to Brussels, connecting onto the Eurostar there, taking the London Underground from St. Pancras to Euston, and then taking a Virgin train to Manchester.

I wanted to ride on a 747 one final time; so that is why I am doing MAN-ATL-IAD to get home.