FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Go around BA 1432 LHR-EDI 15th August
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:19 am
squeeler
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Go around BA 1432 LHR-EDI 15th August

I was on the above flight yesterday when we had a go-around on arrival. What was a first for me was that the wheels were down on the runway when we returned to the air. I have had this happen at various times in final approach, but never after touch down. The CSD came on the tannoy fairly quickly, telling us that the captain had not completed the landing and that we should remain seated with belts on. We made a couple of turns and gained some height. The captain came on telling us that we were sequenced to land and that we would touch down in 15 minutes. When we did land, he came on, apologising for the late arrival, explaining that there were ATC delays in the area. There was no explanation for the aborted landing, it was as if it had never happened. The flight crew did not come out of the cockpit when we disembarked. I tweeted BA and again got no explanation.
I noticed when we originally landed that we seemed a long way down the runway; we were landing towards the west and we were well beyond the end of the terminal when the wheels touched down. I have no idea if this was real or not.
Incidentally, one passenger was quite poorly after the first attempt, with crew scurrying around getting biohazard bags, and a characteristic aroma filling the cabin. It did cross my mind that this may have been the aircraft featured in this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...usting-ba.html