FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting BA [reseated due to vomit smell]
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:37 am
Crofton138

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheHak
So after 5 years not flying BA I tried again yesterday on a flight with colleagues. Went to sit on my assigned 18A seat from LHR-GVA and found out that my seat smelled like puke..Tried to find out and found out that the back of my seat stinked and that the seatbelt still had a lot of vomit on it.

Flight wasnt full and both I and 19A (similar problem although I think she only complained of the smell) and we were quickly reassigned (i.e after full boarding).

Ok I get that planes have to turn around quickly but on a a flight that is not full how can you not have procedures to cross out seats such as those unless you are a totally disgusting airline.

Wont even bother complaining to customer relations (not to get compensation but for them to change procedures) given the traditional BA customer relations.
Similar scenario happened to me on a Lufthansa flight recently. Crew hadn't noticed during the turnaround but moved me to another seat, same outcome as you. I didn't feel the need for an overly dramatic social media post, this kind of thing happens on all airlines.