FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:06 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
42. (1983) Following a meeting with your client at the airport lounge in Philadelphia, you’ll continue on down to Raleigh, NC. Three airlines offer nonstop flights on this route but you’ll be traveling on the least expensive one – the only one to operate its aircraft in an all-Economy Class configuration while also still serving its cheapskate passengers a luncheon enroute. By now you surely know the drill – airline, aircraft, rank and serial number.

New York Air, DC-9-30

New York Air might have worked had we been flying out of LGA, but not PHL. I was thinking some of you might've mentioned Altair with the Philly connection, but now you've got me thinking... Did Altair even fly to RDU?
---
Thanks for the answer. The game was slowing down and I wanted to guess. The wild guess was that New York had an odd flight out of PHL, which we now know is a wrong answer.

I learned something. Never heard of Best Airlines. What a horror that would be in search engines. What's the best airline to Europe? What's the best airline as far as delays? An obscure band used to be called "Gentleman" but it got lost in the search engines, causing them to change their name.

Altair? I believe they did fly to RDU but not in 1983. By then, they were bankrupt. That was my preliminary answer that I didn't give.