FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on a Recent Trip on SQ
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:11 pm
puchong

Originally Posted by CaliforniaSteve
we just used KF points to fly BKK-SFO on SQ. We were fortunate enough to snag a couple of saver seats in Business class for the trip. SFO-SIN was done using Alaska points on JAL, with a stopover in Tokyo. We’ve done the SQ trip before on a paid PE ticket, and that was a bit of a long haul. J made it a lot better. I thought I would share some observations.

BKK-SIN was recently changed from an old, pretty well used up A330 to a new 787-10. To say the difference was noticeable would be an understatement. A much nicer plane and the environmental change was welcome. Service was quite good, even on a relatively short haul flight of 2 hours. In a sitting position, the J class seat was very comfortable. I did try the lie flat, just to check, and I didn’t care for it. You lay at an angle and at 6’2” and a size 12 (US) foot, I think I would have a hard time getting comfortable on an overnight flight. Other than that, top notch, including the catering.

As we were on the 940 flight out of BKK and on SQ2 from SIN-SFO, we had a 5-1/2 hour layover at Changi. If you have a long layover, Changi is certainly the place to have it. We are a pretty good meal at The Green Market (now TGM for Priority Pass holders), then went in search of Irvin’s Salted Egg Fish Skin. My niece wanted it.....why, I have no idea, as I find it pretty repulsive. ...
Just curious, how did you manage to get the Salted Egg / Fish Skin past immigration and health check?