FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difference between UA economy and economy (flexible) in terms of points accrual?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't have status with UA so I guess 5x dollar amount for RDM. Is the dollar amount calculated in the equivalent in USD? I have to admit, I probably care more about PQM/MQM for the purpose of achieving status than RDM especially with the upcoming devaluation with UA. I don't know if it's a regular UA 016 ticket, but it should be since I was searching for the fare via UA's website? What is UA giving for basic economy in terms of PQM for trans-atlantic flights?

Let's hope this will last a little longer then. AC already introduced basic economy for trans-pacific flights.
For a ticket issued by United...

On UA metal, 100% of the distance as PQM, 5x the fare as RDM. The "fare" is in NUC, which is basically the same as USD if you don't think too hard about it. If you are purchasing a pricing unit which does not originate in the USA, there may be a small amount of currency float involved.

On OZ metal, 50% of the distance as PQM, 5x the fare as RDM just like UA.