FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difference between UA economy and economy (flexible) in terms of points accrual?
Old Aug 15, 19, 7:43 pm
lsquare

Programs: OZ, DL, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
sold on a regular UA 016 ticket stock credited to UA? you get 5x dollar amount for RDM, 7x/8/9/11... for premier members. should be 100% PQM (unless basic economy, which is not true for transpacific flights yet)

this happens because the same fare is both flexible and cheapest (no cheaper fare than this). usually flexiable means its refundable/changeable for a fee

no(t yet)
I don't have status with UA so I guess 5x dollar amount for RDM. Is the dollar amount calculated in the equivalent in USD? I have to admit, I probably care more about PQM/MQM for the purpose of achieving status than RDM especially with the upcoming devaluation with UA. I don't know if it's a regular UA 016 ticket, but it should be since I was searching for the fare via UA's website? What is UA giving for basic economy in terms of PQM for trans-atlantic flights?

Let's hope this will last a little longer then. AC already introduced basic economy for trans-pacific flights.