FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:37 am
Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Had an unpleasant experience today. Staying at the Fontecruz in Lisbon (Not sure how this hotel is a 5 star hotel, it feels like a 4 star hotel).

I had a Your24 request approved 3 days out to check in early (mind you it wasn't that early as well, I requested a 1 pm early check in). And upon arrival the room was not ready. I don't understand why hotels do this. I mean you had the option to reject the request rather than raise my expectations.

On another note, as an ambassador elite, it seems like that level only can be to Balcony rooms and not to suites (this is from a letter that was given to me from the GM).

I was one of those who had the privilege to be part of the Ambassador service prior to it being a published benefit, back then it was fantastic. However, that's not the case anymore. I sent a note to my ambassador showing my displeasure and asking to change the Ambassador. Sadly, his response was and has always been robotic like. Hopefully will see some results soon.
Thank you for your message. We’d like to look into this. Could you please send us more information via private message or email us at [email protected] ?
We look forward to hearing from you.