FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fraudulent pax onboard AF/KL - your stories
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:06 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
I've had it happen before with people simply taking my seat.
On my last AF flight (CDG-AMS), a guy came over and told me to get out of his seat, 2F.

I called over the purser, who explained to the gentleman that he did indeed have CDG Terminal 2F, but his assigned seat was further back...

Not KL/AF, but I was on an AZ flight to Rome back in January. A "kid" in a tracksuit and talking non-stop on his phone took 3F, the seat directly behind mine, in the last row of a very quiet business cabin (I don't always choose 2F, I swear!). Even after the door closed, the plane had pushed back, and the flight safety demonstration had been completed, and we were on our long taxi to the runway, he continued to talk on his phone. Eventually, the purser noticed and asked him to switch off his device. For good measure, he also asked to see his boarding pass - and swiftly sent him to his assigned seat (which was only a few rows further back) before the plane took off.

If he'd just hung up on his call, he might very well have kept his seat - at least until the meals were being served!

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 15, 2019 at 2:29 am Reason: spelling