FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The hotel's reaction to the forgotten thing in the room
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:05 pm
HRSPGPutnik

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I don't have sympathy because the OP already has a replacement charger (or will get one shortly, otherwise the smartwatch goes dead), and basically just wanted a free charger (ie one left at hotel). Knowing full well the charger isn't worth that much.
The hotel was right in not caring about OP's business because OP isn't returning there anytime soon.

And why should they waste their time on a cheap charger? Even doing the arrangements?

Now, if it were a "special" charger that would be something different, but it doesn't seem like it. It would be hard for someone to tell that your ordinary generic item is special unless you explicitly explain it.

On the topic of "service", I think perfect service is doing what your customers actually wants, rather than what they ask. They want to be cared for. And that's why going home is always the best (well, if you have a good family situation). Parents know you, know what you like, even if you have forgotten, and provide it.
Thank you, OP's watch is in perfect condition and in love with new charger

The idea of ​​this post was to see what kind of hotel reaction one might expect. I see that some people agree with me and that the hotel should be more proactive in such problems, some people immediately put a price in focus, some think that it is solely my problem and that the hotel has nothing to do with it.

After some time has passed and I can think more neutral, taking into account comments I read here, I still think that the hotel should handle the situation a little more empathetically (especially a 5 * hotel for an Elite member). Probably the outcome would be the same and I would thank the hotel for their help and tell them to recycle the charger. But I would feel much more comfortable that they offered some help with the delivery.

This is how I think. These little things make the difference from hotel to hotel, and at least to me they are the basis for returning to a hotel. Maybe not next month, but next year or next vacation. After all, not only do we pay for expensive bedding and design, we also pay for personalized service (in most general sence). Most of the hotels I have been in think so and we have continued our enjoyable collaboration and coexistence.